IT Support Apprentice – West Bromwich (B70) – 16635
This listing has expired
My client provides IT support and consultancy services to small-medium sized businesses.
Job overview / purpose:
Due to expansion, my client have a requirement for an IT Support Analyst Apprentice to work on their IT Help Desk based in the West Bromwich area.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
The primary objective of the role is to provide a rapid, efficient, friendly and effective first line problem solving service to their customers.
Working on the IT Help Desk, you will be responsible for accurately logging service request calls for IT problems and provide guidance/support/solution over the phone.
When a service request cannot be solved by you in a reasonable time frame due to its technical complexity, you will escalate the problem quickly to second line support – Keeping the customer informed at all times.
- Provide a helpful professional first line support service to customers
- Perform predefined daily/weekly/monthly maintenance checks and tasks
- Log all service requests against the customer account in our Help Desk System
- Progress to resolution or escalation all outstanding service requests
- Perform required analysis and research to successfully resolve service requests
- Keep the customer informed at all times about the status or progress of their request
- Check and respond to alerts reported by our Monitoring System
- Maintain network documentation for customer networks in our Help Desk System
- Liaise with external technology vendors as required to resolve service requests
- Help develop and document procedures and check lists to improve our internal operations
- Identify areas for improvement in our operations and customer service
- Perform other duties as required to support the business
- Excellent communications skills and a good telephone manner
- A passion for technology and customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excited to begin a career in IT
- Excellent basic Maths and English skills
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s (C grade and above) including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
The Help Desk is manned between 9am-5pm,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£150 – £170 per week / £600 – £680 per month, depending on experience.
Benefits / Future prospects:
A full time role will be offered for a successful candidate with a salary increase.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV