IT Support Engineer Apprentice – Cambridge (CB24) – 15743
This listing has expired
Brady PLC is the largest European-headquartered provider of trading and risk management software to the global commodity and energy markets.
Brady combines fully integrated and complete solutions supporting the entire commodity trading operation, from capture of financial and physical trading, through risk management, handling of physical operations, to back office financials and treasury settlement for energy, refined and unrefined metals, scrap and secondary metals, soft commodities and agricultural products.
Brady has 30 years’ expertise in the commodity markets with more than 13,000 users at over 400 companies worldwide that depend on Brady’s software solutions to deliver vital business transactions across their global operations.
Brady clients include many of the world’s largest financial institutions, trading companies, miners, refiners, tier one banks and large number of London Metal Exchange (LME) Category 1 and 2 clearing members and many leading European energy generators, traders and consumers.
You will be supporting our user base through providing desktop and telephony support. Ticket management through to closure, administering, and maintaining IT services for the group. Setting up new users with training and equipment. Ensuring high levels of performance and customer satisfaction.
- To administer company IT services which include and not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Windows server administration, network troubleshooting, telephone administration including mobile phones
- Dealing with and resolving all queries and problems and performing necessary upgrades with visits to other offices as and when required
- To log and deal with users’ support tickets, incoming calls/emails and resolve issues promptly within agreed SLA’s
- Maintain the software and hardware asset database to ensure compliance with legal requirements for licensing. Perform regular software audits and reconciliation
- To repair equipment that is out of warranty and scrap equipment that is obsolete or broken beyond economic repair under WEEE directives
- To support users and help them in the identification of software products which may be beneficial to the organisation/department
- To keep abreast of emerging technologies and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- To be part of a global team
- Perform other related duties as may be required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of IT hardware and components
- Some experience public cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Some experience with managed network switches, routers and / or firewalls configuration
The successful candidate should have a high interest in IT systems and can show this through extracurricular activities.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday,
£10,000 per annum
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV