IT Support Engineer Apprentice – Glasgow (G46) – 15773
This listing has expired
A large scale engineering businesses focusing on industrial parts now have an exciting IT Support Engineer role based in the South Side of Glasgow. The successful candidate will be placed on to an IT Systems & Networking Apprenticeship and be awarded a Diploma in ICT & Telecommunications.
The successful candidate will work within a small IT Support team in a fast paced environment within the businesses Glasgow South Side office. You will provide 1st line helpdesk support for all employees and focus on providing a an exceptional level of service to internal customers.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- An excellent telephone manner whilst working under pressure
- A pro-active, confident and an eager attitude to all tasks
- Logging issues and resolution details on internal systems
- Ensure timely resolution of all cases to satisfaction of end user, escalating as appropriate
- Provide guidance and support to regarding IT issues
- Troubleshooting of system problems
- Mange onboarding/off boarding process
- Set up and desktop support for IT systems and networks
- Regular installation, configuration and support of issues with laptops, desktops, mobile devices
- HNC/HND or other in related IT subject is preferred
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Good attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritise tasks effectively
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 39 hours per week
- £16,000 per annum + dependant on experience
- Competitive remuneration package is available including salary dependent on experience, non contributory pension scheme and private medical insurance.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
REGISTER YOUR CV