IT Support Engineer – KINGSTON UPON THAMES (KT1) – 16397
This listing has expired
Based on the riverside in Kingston upon Thames, Avantia is an award winning business that specialises in providing home insurance direct to online consumers. Employing 50 people in our head office in Kingston and a further 70 in our contact centre in Sheffield, we rely on the passion of our people to deliver a proposition that truly puts the customer at the heart of our business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our small but critical Infrastructure team and become primarily responsible for our first line support function. You’ll also be involved in the provisioning, installation, configuration and maintenance of our IT systems, hardware, software and infrastructure whilst ensuring data security at all times.
- Be responsible for all 1st line support incidents and requests.
- Provision and configure equipment for new staff including laptops and desktop PC’s.
- Create and manage accounts based on departmental needs within Active Directory and on other corporate applications.
- Manage Office 365 mailboxes and services.
- Assist in the procurement of IT consumables and equipment.
- Assist in IT projects as required.
- Document resolutions for future reference.
- Assist the team in the day-to-day running of the department.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Manager and the IT
- Telephony, Infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs.
- Support the IT Manager to handle the day to day user requests from service desk system, Ticketing & Installations and Upgrades.
- Training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into
- Highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
- Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach a range of new skills including: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business
We aim and support our employees to embrace our core values of: Simplicity, Honesty, Accountability and Creativity. However, other important skills for this role include:
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of users and stakeholders within the company.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work well with colleagues and within a small team.
- A proven record of accuracy, exceptional attention to detail along with a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Very high level of commitment to delivery
- Adaptable to varying demands and workloads.
- The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively.
- A flexible approach to work always and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to deadline.
- Seek to improve the way processes work and suggest improvements and enhancements where possible.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£15,000 per annum
We think we have a great culture and welcome new team members with open arms, but aside from the soft stuff, we also offer an attractive range of benefits too. We want all of our employees’ to achieve the right work-life balance for them. In accordance with this, our benefits, include some flexible choices that can be selected through our online portal. Our benefits include:
• 25 day’s holiday
• Life insurance
• Discounted home insurance for you, your friends and your family
• Comprehensive retail discount scheme
• Staff referral scheme
• Free fruit
• Lunch club
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Eye care vouchers
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
REGISTER YOUR CV