IT Support Service Apprentice – London (SW18) – 16294
IT Support Service Apprentice – London (SW18) – 16294
Here, you will be employed under the Shared Staffing Arrangement between Richmond and Wandsworth Councils. The overall purpose of the Shared Staffing Arrangement is to provide the highest quality of service at the lowest attainable cost.
Staff are expected to deliver high quality and responsive services wherever they are based, as well as having the ability to adapt to sometimes differing processes and expectations.
The Shared Staffing Arrangement aims to be at the forefront of innovation in local government and the organisation will invest in the development of its staff and ensure the opportunities for progression that only a large organisation can provide.
The London Borough of Richmond and Wandsworth are currently looking for an IT service Apprentice to join their team in London.
To work as part of a team to provide a central point of contact for staff and other stakeholders needing contact with IT.
As a team, you will help provide a professional and competent IT support service, owning and resolving calls as appropriate, and managing calls where they need to be passed to colleagues in other areas of Corporate IT or the organisation.
Duties will include:
· Along with the rest of the team, make sure that the service is covered during agreed service hours
· Assist in the enhancement of customer relationships within the support services function and in building and maintaining a customer facing and communicative ethos within the team
· Receive, analyse and record any incidents or requests in line with established systems and procedures, ensuring that all customers are dealt with in a speedy, effective, efficient and courteous manner keeping them informed of progress
· Liaise with customers or other third parties to ensure an accurate record of a fault or request is obtained, and that this information is recorded within the relevant incident record on IT’s service management software
· Troubleshoot incidents, escalating any that cannot be resolved within laid down timescales
· Log and allocate IT related requests that should be passed onto other sections, and deal with those that need to be progressed at the Service Desk or Deskside Support
· Take ownership of all calls logged by you, or allocated to you, and ensure these are followed up and escalated in line with procedures and SLAs
· Be familiar with systems, processes and reports used within your section, and where necessary provide training and assistance on these
· Make sure all information relating to calls is complete and accurate, that notes relating to individual incidents or requests are kept up to date so that colleagues and the customer are kept fully informed
· Identify commonly reported incidents or reoccurring customer questions and document them as articles or “how to” guides for publication on the SSA intranet
· Provide quality, responsive and consistent resolutions to IT incidents and requests
· Progress assigned IT related requests for new hardware and/or software, or changes (such as equipment moves)
· Adhere to corporate processes for both procurement and the disposal of redundant equipment, processing requests in a timely manner
· Build and/or configure hardware equipment as appropriate and in accordance with agreed corporate standards
· Install and configure software to meet customer requirements whilst adhering to corporate policy and security standards
· Ensure all hardware assets are appropriately labelled
· Maintain accurate records of work completed, and ensure that records are updated in accordance with both section procedures and working practices, e.g. Asset Register and Software License information
· Maintain up to date build guides and other documentation
· Ensure good communication at all levels and make sure that all information given to customers or other stakeholders is accurate and appropriate
· Carry out general administrative duties to assist in the provision of an effective and efficient service as required by your post
· Carry out any other duties, commensurate with the post, as determined from time to time by the IT Deskside Co-ordinator or IT Service Desk Manager
· It will be necessary for the post-holder to move and/or install equipment, and as such, they will be expected to attend manual handling training, and adhere to Health and Safety good practices
· The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job profile are indicative of the role, however they are not exhaustive and may be subject to change
· In addition, you will be required to undertake other reasonable duties as directed by your manager
· Customer focused, articulate, excellent telephone manner and confidence in dealing with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
· A pro-active approach to client support and an aptitude to work cooperatively with colleagues in different teams and across different sites
· Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Articulate & methodical approach to problem solving
· Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
· Self-motivation with commitment, drive and enthusiasm
· A general understanding of Safeguarding and its relevance to IT
· A “can do” outlook with the ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
· Broad knowledge of IT topics/good all-round IT literacy
· Understanding of PC / peripheral configuration and maintenance (desktop /laptop /blackberry/printer etc.)
· Experience of both working MS Office products 2010 onwards
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
35hrs per week,
Monday to Friday,
£10,000 – £11,000 per annum
All benefits will be discussed upon interview.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV