IT Support Technician Apprentice VAC-00109
This listing has expired
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as an IT Support Technician apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
This role will initially be involved in providing support to users, logging tickets, resolving issues, escalating problems where necessary and assisting with the day to day running of the IT department within an educational establishment.
As a Microsoft IT Apprentice you will be required to:
• Provide specialist ICT support that ensures the school establishes and maintains high quality learning facilities.
• Convey technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience and provide specialist advice and guidance as required.
• Consistently deliver a customer focused helpdesk experience, ensuring that users are communicated with throughout.
• Use specialist skills/training/experience to support school’s staff & pupils’ ICT requirements.
• Assist with the maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
• Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials.
• Implement agreed work programmes/practices under the guidance of colleagues.
• Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health & safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
• To be aware of the school’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts/Laws for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all administrative and financial processes comply with this.
About the Company
You will be working for a company that places their staff within educational establishments to deliver IT support to the staff and students on site. The largest independent ICT provider for educational establishments in the UK, they have over 10 years’ experience within the education sector and specialise in managed services, cloud services and the delivery of ICT project work.
Location: North West London
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Working Week: 37.5 hours per week
Weekly Wage: £150.00
Application Deadline: 28-09-2018
Possible Start Date: 10-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV