IT Support Technician Apprentice – Birmingham (B68) – 16872
This listing has expired
Based in Birmingham with satellite offices in Manchester and London, GEEX is run by a team who is inspired by the ever changing technology that is developed by the likes of Apple, HP and Lenovo.
My Client based in Birmingham is currently looking for a passionate and energetic individual for a role within their team. Our client can trace its routes back to a small garage in the West Midlands, over 12 years ago, when it first started to provide IT support solutions to local businesses. As the business grew, a successful leasing service was added to complement the existing services.
Whilst this new technology can be fun and exciting, it is often essential to your business and expensive. The team will develop a solution that allows your business to solve its IT equations in an affordable manner.
Regardless of whether you are a staunch Apple Mac user, passionate about PC’s, or even considering moving from PC to Mac, our GEEX team are here to help solve all of your purchase and support issues.
They are constantly researching the market to understand the new technologies that manufactures are producing. This knowledge allows us to work with you to implement and maintain the technology that your business needs.
- The main role will include answering incoming calls from end users with various IT issues, help to provide support for Windows desktop, laptop, other mobile devices and server systems, including installation and back up.
- Provide support to install new software on system with minimum disruption and maximum integration with existing products. Work on key factors within the department, such as Cloud, Mobile Devices, Coding and logic along with Business processes including Help-desk systems, you will be there to Keep and maintain a portfolio to demonstrate skills and behaviours, Log hardware and software errors and support remedial action. Support network infrastructure – firewalls, switches, WIFI etc.
- Monitor system’s security for violation and advise where improvements are required to protect system. You will be working on the first line support, working towards fixing the first line calls.
- There will be a chance to go out and support with insulations.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Driving License would be good but not essential
5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C or above
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£168.75 per week
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV