IT Support Technician Apprentice – Manchester (OL10) – 13920
This listing has expired
The IT Support Technician Apprentice will work within the helpdesk team.
The successful applicants will be supporting and maintaining all in-house, hosted and customer networks, infrastructures and software applications.
Think4 IT Solutions Ltd established 2006 with year on year growth through IT Support and Managed Services. With over 100 support contracts from one man bands to full multinational organisations. Think4 are looking to expand their helpdesk team to enable them to grow further.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues, across a wide range of systems including Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Document all support ticket work against the helpdesk system, and all internal documentation in the relevant libraries. (This will involve the creation of articles on common fixes to enable users to become more self-reliant).
- Take responsibility for support issues, deploying short or long term fixes with the primary aim to be to restore service to the client as quickly as possible; escalating support issues to other support staff where necessary.
- Configure and install new hardware equipment both in house and on premise for clients. Diagnose and resolve networking issues for customers: both over the phone and on site.
- Be a team player showing skills and the ability to managing changing priorities.
- Exhibit an excellent level of verbal and written communication, dealing with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Perform regular Server maintenance, in house software monitors client systems for issues, to be expected to deal with maintenance tasks accordingly with their criticality.
- Readily investigating into new software and hardware technologies.
- Previous IT experience through work or study
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great team players
- Enthusiasm and interest in technology and customer services. A good communicator, a keenness to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies.
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at grade C & above or equivalent.
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Career Progression
- Salary Increase
- Monday to Friday, working hours to be determined by line manger
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV