IT System Support Engineer Apprentice – London (EC4V) – 16190
Through our industry expertise and technical infrastructure, we have developed a range of satellite connectivity products that address the specific needs of internet service providers, mobile network operators, government services and other satellite operators.
Discover how we can help you thrive in your market: our product range has been specifically designed for the needs of Internet Service Providers, Mobile and Fixed Line networks, government departments, satellite integrators and satellite operators.
From simple market ready broadband packages through to end-to-end fully managed services, we have solutions to address multiple satellite connectivity needs.
Perform service desk activities to ensure the Business IT needs are met through the timely resolution of queries and issues.
The position will suit a methodical, customer-oriented person who would like to embark on a career in IT.
- Deliver 1st and 2nd Line IT Support
- Desktop Support (Building and troubleshooting
- Server Support (Microsoft environment)
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Office Applications
- Equipment setup for new and existing staff
- Dealing with general requests and ad hoc requirements
- Ensure backup and recovery process is adhered too
- Moving and setting up new work stations including wiring where necessary
- Mobile phones and BlackBerry troubleshooting
- Prioritise and respond in a timely way to incidents raised and resolve them to the satisfaction of the users and IT department SLA’s;
- Install, upgrade and maintain hardware, software, and systems;
- Assist with research, administration, implementation and documentation of new IT applications and systems;
- Assist with business applications, systems support, backups, data integrity, security and virus protection;
- Maintain IT inventories
- Willingness to undertake relevant training and follow an appropriate course of study to achieve a level 3 qualification;
- Able to follow instructions accurately to complete work tasks;
- Able to record information and data accurately;
- Ability to work alone without constant close supervision;
- Able to solve problems;
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal);
- Strong interpersonal skills.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 17:30pm
£12,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days public holidays
- Contributory pension of 2.5%
- Interest-free travel loan
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.