IT Systems Apprentice – London (W1F) – 16887
This listing has expired
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world’s leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.
Job overview / purpose:
A runner position is a great way to get started in the industry.
There is currently a vacancy for a runner in the Systems team supporting the Film Systems department. The Systems team look after all the technology that creates our cutting edge visual effects, from workstations to servers and software.
The role would suit anyone who has a passion for computer science, the kind of person who loves tinkering with technology, building PC’s or doing tech support.
You’ll get hands on with some state-of-the-art kit and tuition from experienced colleagues, as well as getting involved in some very high profile movie productions at the same time.
Most of your time will be spent ‘on the floor’ setting up workstations and supporting our talented artists. Don’t expect this to be a desk job! You’ll also be helping out the rest of the team keeping things organized and the department running smoothly. You’ll get first-hand experience learning how MPC’s Tech works from the ground up.
- Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements
- Take delivery of, asset tag and deploy new equipment
- Provide friendly face to face support for VFX Artists
- Keep artist and technical areas tidy of stray equipment
- Assist in returning broken equipment
- Colour calibrate artist monitors
- Keep the tape archive robot fed with tapes
- Help other members of the Systems team as needed
- Various ad-hoc project work
- Keen interest in computers and technology
- Experience building, setting up, repairing computers
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Friendly, excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- An ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to important issues
- Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn
It would be beneficial to have:
- Experience with Linux and Mac
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£16,000 – £19,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Casual dress
- Opportunity for full time employment
- Based in the heart of the Capital
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV