IT Technician Apprentice
IT Technician Apprentice VAC-00144
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Provide specialist ICT support that ensures the school establishes and maintains high quality learning facilities.
• Convey technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience and provide specialist advice and guidance as required.
• Consistently deliver a customer focused helpdesk experience, ensuring that users are communicated with throughout.
• Use specialist skills/training/experience to support school’s staff & pupils’ ICT requirements.
• Assist with the maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
• Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials.
• Implement agreed work programmes/practices under the guidance of colleagues.
• Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health & safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
• To be aware of the school’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts/Laws for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all administrative and financial processes comply with this.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is the largest independent ICT provider for schools and educational establishments across the UK. With over ten years’ experience in the educational sector, they are able to provide a leading service for their clients in fields such as managed services, cloud, Sharepoint and project work.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Working Week: 37.5 hours per week
Weekly Wage: £150.00
Application Deadline: 25-01-2019
Possible Start Date: 04-02-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV