IT Technician Apprentice – Doncaster (DN5) – 16273
The company has achieved ISO quality marks from how the organisation is managed, ensuring the structure is great for an apprentice to succeed.
They have also taken on apprentices in the past and promote a fun but hard working environment.
Job overview / purpose
Currently seeking an ambitious individual who has a keen passion for IT, and want to work in the Doncaster area of Yorkshire.
The company has been owned by the same family for over 120 years and has a real ethos to help and support all members of staff who are a part of them.
In this role, you will have several responsibility’s involving IT support and infrastructure.
This will include tasks from installing and maintaining systems, all the way to developing local networks and running SQL reports.
The role is fantastic for someone who is keen to break into IT and has a real commitment to develop a career in this sector.
The role will grow as you do with more responsibility enhancing your abilities & knowledge.
This opportunity will give individuals the chance to showcase their potential and also progress further in the company.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.) & check computer hardware (HDD, mouse’s, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide reports required via SQL
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without preventing others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Good communicator
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Hard working
- Highly motivated
- Keen interest and background of learning in IT
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Positive communication skills
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£160 per week
- Company progression
- Microsoft qualifications
- Technology exposures
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.