IT Technician Apprentice – Level 3
IT Technician Apprentice – Level 3 VAC-00030
IT TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE – INTQ280
Location: SO32 – Southampton
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a IT Technician apprentice.
Do you enjoy repairing computers and other equipment at home? Do you have an interest in IT and are looking for a hands-on role where you can install parts and repair IT related equipment such as mobile computers and printers? An interest in engineering would also be an advantage.
IT diagnostic and repair, investigating faulty IT Equipment and providing effective technical advice and guidance to customers face to face and over the phone. Tasks will involve, system maintenance, virus removal, software installations and upgrades, PC, laptops and Mac repairs. Advising customers on new systems and upselling of company merchandise.
As a Microsoft IT support apprentice, you will be required to:
• Trainee Technician based on the front line, very much customer facing working on shop floor.
• Providing technical support to customers in shop mainly face to face.
• Log, analyse and fix support cases, escalate as required
• Provide technical recommendations to customer
• Keep customers updated on case status
• Build PC’s and configure other equipment and software
• Install PC’s and other equipment and software
• Provide user orientation training, Operating systems, office applications, smart phones
• Write and maintain documentation
• Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Work on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
About the Company
A local IT store helping people with all their tech problems and custom builds. We provide diagnostic and repair, investigating faulty IT Equipment and providing effective technical advice and guidance to customers face to face and over the phone. Tasks will involve, system maintenance, virus removal, software installations and upgrades, PC, laptops and Mac repairs. Advising customers on new systems and upselling of company merchandise.
Qualifications & Skills Required
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role:
• You should have a GCSE in Maths, English & IT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers.
• You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner and will be punctual, positive, flexible and focused.
• Have very keen interest in the workings of a PC & laptop and its components, being able to resolve faults and complete custom builds.
• You will appear very professional in your appearance and how you conduct yourself at all times.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Location: S032, Bishops Waltham, Southampton
Working Hours: Monday – Friday – 9am – 5.00pm – 37.5hrs pw
Wage: £150 Per week – £7,800 Per Annum
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 0121 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Working Week: 37.5hrs pw
Weekly Wage: £150.00
Application Deadline: 30-07-2018
Possible Start Date: 01-08-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV