IT Technician Apprentice – Reading (RG1) – 13985
This listing has expired
Backed by BP/Castrol, Autino delivers a variety of innovative SaaS based solutions, which are digitally transforming the automotive market.
From independent auto workshop management systems to high value data analytics offerings, Autino provides substantial productivity benefits to over 800 sites around the world while delivering suppliers increased revenue and customer satisfaction opportunities.
Work as an IT Technician Apprentice on innovative web based solutions for the automotive industry. Contribute to a high-energy team working to develop ground-breaking and exciting products for the automotive sector, focused on customer service and garage management.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Deploy and maintain laptop/desktop devices
- Manage third parties that provide internal services (phone, leased line, etc.)
- Deploy, configure, and maintain endpoint protection tools
- Ensure documentation is accurate and regularly updated
- Respond to user requests for support (2nd line)
- Balance your time between reactive and proactive work
- Manage internal infrastructure (AD, Exchange, Office365)
- Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery exercises, as well as being part of the BC & DR response team
- Continually identify areas for improvement in all areas of Autino’s IT: Infrastructure, tooling, and practices
- Work as part of the IT team to support internal infrastructure and end users
- Work closely with the platform engineering team as appropriate.
Some of the areas the apprentice will have to look after are:
- Office365, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint
- Desktop/laptop support & troubleshooting
- Virtualisation technology
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SSL certificates, firewalls, load balancers, routers)
- ITIL, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, ISO27001, PCI DSS or similar
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to problem solve and think logically
- Attention to detail, and ability to manage workload
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to self-teach new technologies and skills
Apprentices must complete any relevant courses and meet dates set by the training establishment.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) A*-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) grade C or above
37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm
- Company holiday
- Opportunity to progress to Level 4
- Pay review
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV