IT Workshop Apprentice – Milton Keynes (MK12) – 16676
This listing has expired
In 2003, TISSL Limited was founded by Kevin Coetzee, after having worked for 16 years in a market leading IT company supplying EPoS (Electronic Point of Sale) to a number of F&B brands.
Job overview / purpose:
The right candidate will learn how to build, manage and troubleshoot a complete network infrastructure including Hardware and Software.
The role of the Workshop Assistant is to prepare service spares for engineers, book in stock and hostage preparation.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Process goods, receiving and dispatch
- Process service engineer hardware exchanges
- Cleaning equipment
- Process documentation relating to new customer orders / opportunities
- Pre-prepare service spares for Service Engineers
- Posting equipment to site
- Sending emails, doing reports, updating engineer stock and stock rotation for engineer van stock
- Checking engineer van stock and tools on a weekly basis
- Ensuring a clean working environment
- Any other duties which may be required and deemed appropriate to the level of the role
- Working un-supervised
- Assist in the configuration of new hardware on hot stage
- Software and hardware experience
- Experience with computer hardware preferred but not essential
- Working towards an IT qualification desirable
- Problem solving/fault finding skills
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- To work with minimal supervision
- Capable of working within a team
- Positive attitude
- Professional image and smart appearance
- Good timekeeping
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5pm,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV