Junior Java Developer Apprentice
This listing has expired
Our developers are expected to leave the code better than they found it, without compromising integrity. We utilise strong testing and test-driven development practises to both refactor and improve the code base without impacting current production features, this is supported by using code quality tools like Sonar to give metrics coupled with nightly continuous deployment where automated Selenium and Gherkin-based tests are run.
Junior team members are closely mentored by senior developers as well as having access to our e-learning platform to further develop and acquire new skills.
We run regular lunch-and-learn sessions so there will always be plenty for you to learn.
White Clarke Group is the right fit for you.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software developers to join our exceptional development team.
- Your days can be extremely varied from developing new features for the next release to working on defects for a product already in review by our client.
- We follow an Agile methodology based on SCRUM and have daily stand-ups to allow the team to synchronise tasks for the next 24 hours.
Ideally you will have the following experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on various activities whilst maintaining standards and guidelines.
- You should enjoy collaborating with a team but will have the ability to work independently.
- Passionate about testing and Test-Driven Development.
- You will have a passion for quality, and this will be displayed in your output
- Must have the following – A-Level in either Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths or a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Software or a BTEC diploma in IT
- English GCSE at D or above Maths GCSE at B or above ( or equivalent)
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Scheme- Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV