Junior Office Administrator Apprentice
This listing has expired
At Collins Aerospace, we’re investing in the future with new ideas, new technologies and new capabilities. We’ve been established in the United Kingdom for more than half a century, providing a comprehensive range of aviation electronics and communication solutions, tactical datalinks and simulation, as well as training solutions for ministries of defence, integrators, aircraft manufacturers, airlines and other customers.
Our complete range of solutions includes targeting systems, network enabled capability and communication infrastructures, global navigation satellite systems, electronic warfare, simulation and training solutions, interior systems and information management services.
We believe a positive work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in the development, growth and success of our teams by providing development opportunities that includes training, networking and mentoring.
This is an opportunity to gain experience and a sound understanding of office administration, working in a dynamic environment, providing assistance to the Administration Team Manager and the wider Admin team.
Main responsibilities: [Tasks will include:]
- Travel Administration – booking flights, taxis, and hotels
- Purchasing Administration – including stationery ordering
- Meeting support – including hospitality bookings
- Providing Reception cover
And anything else that comes up!
Desirable skills & Personal qualities
- A willingness to learn
- Team player
- Flexible attitude
- Good standard of written English
- IT literate
- 5 GCSE’s total
- English and Maths GCSE grade D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any subject
- Anything that is outside of statutory requirements that the apprentice will benefit from such as Private Health Care or Pension Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexible hours, part time work and a flexi-leave scheme
- A standard holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays, rising with length of service
- A comprehensive well-being programme, including an employee advisory programme, private medical insurance and an onsite gym
- Excellent benefits including an enhanced pension scheme, income protection, life assurance, and corporate discounts on retail and travel
- Community involvement, including charity donations, fundraising and volunteering
- Extensive ongoing employee learning and development opportunities, including international career opportunities, an employee scholar programme and innovative performance management processes
- Robust diversity and inclusion commitment and activities, including our Women’s Forum, STEM projects and collaboration with local educational institutions
- Anything that is part of your culture but is a benefit, so dress down Fridays, team days once a month, gym memberships, discounts etc.
- ‘Dress for your day’
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Access to perksatworks.com which includes money off cinema tickets, online retailers etc.
- Onsite gym
- Free fruit on a Wednesday
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV