Junior Support Technician Apprentice
Junior Support Technician Apprentice
Shocklogic provide event technology solutions to the MICE industry (meetings, incentives, conference & exhibitions).
We thrive on producing technical solutions to support event organisers to plan and execute cutting edge events. We provide software, IT infrastructure and hardware support to a range of international clients. Typically, our clients are Associations, Societies, Educational Institutions and Professional Conference Organisers.
We are a small but dynamic team with more than 20 years combined experience. Our team is a mixture of events specialists and technical experts (or as our CEO puts it “half meeting planners, half geeks!”). As you can see, we are not a typical technology company and we believe this mixture of experience is our unique selling point.
As a small company, we are passionate about teamwork. Each one of us leads by example, doing whatever is necessary to get the job done. We work in a relaxed but fast moving office and love constantly facing new challenges from our clients. We are looking for individuals who share our enthusiasm and are ready to jump in feet first to help us to deliver our goals as we continue to expand.
We are looking for a Junior Support Technician to support our expanding portfolio of international clients. This is not your average help-desk support role, and the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to various technical areas of the business.
The candidate will be expected to provide additional technical support services, including providing onsite technical support at client events, as well as assisting with our internal IT infrastructure.
Main role / duties:
Exciting key elements of the role:
- Become an expert in our software and systems
- Work with our existing Support Technicians to improve our systems
- Assist our clients with support enquiries
- Maintain high levels of communication with our wide range of international clients either in person, remotely, online or via telephone
- Update and manage our online helpdesk system and knowledge resource used by all of our clients
- Provide guidance on the union of processes and system implementation within registration management, abstract management, exhibition management and membership management
- Provide technical support ranging from networking, software installation and delivery of our additional onsite technology services, such as setting up barcode scanners and voting keypads
- Travel to client training sessions and to support at events, both in the UK and abroad, sometimes at short notice
- The candidate must be a dynamic and inspired individual that will bring into our team not only professional skills, but also passion and commitment
- The candidate should have a desire for quality and excellence, and be ready to learn every day
- As a small company, the ability to contribute ideas and development within our growing, dynamic organisation are always encouraged
- You will be expected to become an expert user of our systems and to help improve them
We are all part of the testing team!
You should demonstrate experience in the following:
- Confident in installing and managing applications over a network and server based environment
- Familiarity of database environments and architecture
- Familiarity of MS SQL and .ASP, .ASP.NET application environments and HTML
- Experience in web design and website maintenance
- Fully IT literate
- Ability to speak more than one language
You should have the following skills:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Confident in communicating with all levels of client personnel, from system user to CEO level
- Good attention to detail
- A methodical and thorough approach to work, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Comfortable to travel independently and represent Shocklogic at client offices and events
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
40hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£150 – £180 [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Competitive salary package after 3-month probation period.
- Yearly bonus depending on target met
- 23 days holiday, raising to 25
- Relaxed working environment
- Worldwide travel opportunities
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV