Lean Agent Internship Graduate 10372708
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Working within the lean function of the Broughton site; this exciting opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to
influence and drive change in a challenging manufacturing system, matured over decades of Airbus wing production. Using
value stream mapping and Airbus project management tools, the applicant will have the chance to demonstrate and implement
new technologies, manufacturing philosophies and changes in mind-set resulting in improvements across all site key
– To support the lean function in deploying the Airbus Operating System within the assigned programme area.
– Provide lean guidance and coaching to Project Managers and the manufacturing teams.
– Assess the manufacturing system using value stream mapping to highlight shortfalls and areas of improvement.
– Supporting the engagement of Improvement Project Leaders. Prepare and deliver updates on savings and improvements
integrating all projects, on a weekly basis to local area management and Project Managers.
– Ensure issues are escalated, recorded and action plans are in place.
– Generation of enablement reports, detailing a routemap of project entry into service along with line balancing opportunities.
– Be key in supporting projects using Airbus tools. Ensuring key milestones are achieved on time with effective maturity and
– Lead the local involvement scheme, capturing ideas from across the business and supporting their development by engaing
the workforce through to the solution being realised.
– Drive and influence change in a developed manufacturing environment in line with Airbus’ vision and strategy.
– Evolve along with changing priorities within the business.
– Promote Airbus’ vision and strategy through effective lean working.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in one of the following:
Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering
– Be self-motivated in managing personal goals and objectives.
– Provide support to the team as required to ensure planned targets are met.
– Integrate in to the team governance profile adopting Airbus policies and procedures.
– Focus on removal of non-value added activities. Efficiency is key in this role and leading by example to all levels.
– Being able to act autonomously, recognising when support is required and seeking advice.
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
– Excellent communicator (both written and oral) with strong influencing skills.
– Customer focus and the ability to integrate well within the business.
– Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver on commitments.
– High level of team working, adherence to standards, highly analytical coupled with practical skills, able to apply flexibility,
imagination and creativity to problem solving with drive and enthusiasm.
– A mind-set to explore and work above and beyond, challenging the norm and thinking blue sky.
– Ability to process map operations and input into a value stream map.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the Assessment
Centre. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV