Learning and Development Apprentice
This listing has expired
An exciting opportunity has come about to join one of the leading national charity that works with the country’s most vulnerable children and young people in Britain . The Children’s Society works with these young people, step by step, for as long as it takes.
You will work for 35.00 hours from Monday-Friday 9-5 Working towards achieving your Level 2 in Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship which will be delivered in the workplace by YMCA Training – A perfect opportunity to earn whilst you learn!
- Act as first point of contact for all L&D queries, responding in a timely and professional manner whether in person, by email through the L&D mailbox or over the phone, escalating queries where appropriate.
- Provide advice to all employees at The Children’s Society in the use of L&D tools. Produce reports from the HR system (Cascade) for a variety of audiences to monitor key performance indicators for learning activities. Identify key themes/areas for concern and make recommendations.
- Be responsible for all aspects of organising L&D events, including scheduling, administration, room bookings, provision of training materials and recording of attendees.
- Contact delegates who fail to attend courses and implement cross charge to relevant department. Raise purchase orders, process invoices and keep L&D budget spreadsheet updated Track and monitor take-up and engagement (including compliance) of online learning.
- Using the compliance training report work with the L&D Business Partner to implement targeted interventions that can be put in place to ensure awareness on what’s available is raised across specific parts of the organisation .
- Carry out reviews of the induction/probation process on a 6-monthly basis with managers and employees.
- Analyse results and report findings to the L&D Manager.
- Manage the new joiner induction event including overseeing the booking
dates and speakers Co-deliver the welcome event.
- Regularly update all induction materials Monitor, maintain and refresh the learning and development pages on the intranet to keep them up to date and accurate.
- Undertake day-to-day management of the HR System, ensuring both employee training records and course details are up-to-date at all times.
- Work with the L&D Manager to analyse the annual end of year performance reviews to identify training and development needs.
- Organise external trainers to deliver courses making sure courses meet desired objectives.
- Promote and market learning and development opportunities across The Children’s Society.
- Undertaking any reasonable task or activity required by the Learning & Development Manager Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: understands and applies EDI principles in the workplace
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures and regulations are adhered to. Operate as part of the learning and development team and wider HR team undertaking tasks as required.
The successful candidate:
- MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work on own initiative working towards deadlines and within a team
- GCSE in Maths and English grades A – D or equivalent
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some more information about this opportunity or any other apprenticeship advertised here please get in touch with David.Miller@ymca.co.uk
REGISTER YOUR CV