Leisure Assistant Apprentice VAC-30363
This listing has expired
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role, it is important that you have strong swimming skills as you will be required to complete your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification.
Serco are working with an external organisation for recruitment to this apprenticeship scheme. Your application will be shared with an external organisation. By continuing with your application you are consenting to your application being shared with our partner Lifetime Training
Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme.
You will be helped to build relationships with peers, allowing you to achieve your professional development objectives.
Your duties will include:
– Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring.
– To adhere to existing working practices, methods and procedures (SMS in Leisure)
– Ensure that the centre is clean and ready for use and is maintained in a tidy manner and carry out a variety of cleaning tasks as required
– Setting up equipment in the allotted time ready for the commencement of the various activities that take place in the facility.
– Ensuring that any faults are immediately reported to the line manager
– To carry out all physical tasks following the correct procedures in line with any risk assessment and manual handling procedure and guidelines
– Exercise proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment or appliance provided, used or issued
– Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
– Provide cover for front of house as required, ensuring that all processes are followed (including but not limited to taking bookings, dealing with enquiries, using booking and till systems, correct accounting of cash
– To be clear, logical and articulate in responding to requests for information
– To be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with enquires and complaints
– To attend meetings, training and supervision/development sessions as required
– Ensure that the Health and Safety at Work Act is adhered to with particular reference to the duty of care provision to both the general public and colleagues alike
– Any other duties which may reasonably be required in accordance with the duties and responsibilities indicated, and which are appropriate to the post covered by this job outline
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 40 Hours Per Week – Shifts inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £129.50
Application Deadline: 08-01-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-01-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV