Leisure Assistant Apprentice
Leisure Assistant Apprentice
South Moorlands Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as a Leisure Assistant Apprentice and gain their Level 2 Diploma in Leisure Operation.
You will also work towards your Level 1 Swim Teaching (ASA) and your NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification)
Please be aware that this role is not based within the gym. This role is based fully around the pool and leisure side of the centre.
Your duties will include:
– Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role.
– Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations that this provides, referring to appropriate members of staff for guidance and support.
– Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
– Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
– Preparation of activity area and equipment
– Attendance at regular pool training
– Provide exceptional customer service to all members
– To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
– Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
– Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
– Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
– To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
– To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
– You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Leisure Operations Level 2 Diploma through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification and Swim Teaching qualification.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 32 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £112.00
Application Deadline: 22-01-2018
Possible Start Date : 29-01-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV