Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard (wet) Apprenticeship VAC-29314
This listing has expired
Studley Leisure Centre are looking for candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
Your role will be varied and you will work across the leisure centre including pool side where you will lifeguarding and ensure the safety of our customers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations NVQ Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term 12-15 month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Pay and benefits
£3.50 per hour apprenticeship wage paid from the start of your apprenticeship (including your training period).
Leisure Operations Level 2
National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification
What will your training involve?
• Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing Operational Services
• Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
• Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
• Customer service/ Sales/Marketing within the Leisure Environment
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)*Certificate in Swimming Pool Supervision and Rescue
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Everyone Active are the sectors leading operator who has been voted Operator of the Year for the last 2 consecutive years. Working with 40 Local Authorities, operating 140 leisure facilities nationwide.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week
Weekly Wage : £105.00
Application Deadline: 19-02-2018
Possible Start Date : 26-02-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV