Level 2 Computer Hardware E15 4LJ
This listing has expired
Want to learn how to install and configure computer equipment and operating systems? Then this is the course for you!
Not only will you learn the basic Not only will you learn the basic principles of ICT and data security, you will also have the opportunity of getting hands-on experience maintaining PCs, laptops, operating systems and much more.
With specifically selected units from the With specifically selected units from the City and Guilds qualifcation this course can be used as a stepping stone towards higher certifications with Microsoft and CompTIA, two of the most highly recognised certification providers in the IT industry.
During the course you will develop an understanding in each of the following areas: – Maintenance of PC’s, Mobile Devices, Laptops, Operating Systems and Printers – Networking both Wired and Wireless Systems – Working with Latest Hardware and Software Technologies – Installing, Configuring and Administering Hardware and Software – Working as an IT Technician in a Professional Environment – Using Virtual Machines
– A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grades A* – D (new grades 3 – 9)
– English or Maths at grade D, or Functional Skills in Applied Communications, or where appropriate Applied Numeracy at Level 1, or a Gateway Certificate/Diploma at Level 1 a Gateway Certificate/Diploma at Level 1 with Functional Skills Level 1
– Aged between 16 -18
– Completed college assessment
– Successful interview
*Depending on individual circumstances entry
*Depending on individual circumstances entry requirements may vary, contact us for more information.
Once completing the Level 2 Diploma most students progress onto our Level 3 courses in Networking and Hardware, Software, Social Media or Building Design.
Further Career Options
– IT Technician
– Customer Support Manager
– IT Sales Roles
Location and Duration The course is one year and is based at The course is one year and is based at Newham College’s Stratford Campus (ten minute walk from Stratford tube and bus station).
– Customer support provision
– Networking principles
– Principles of ICT system and data security
– Install and configure ICT equipment and operating systems
– Cisco IT essentials
REGISTER YOUR CV