Level 2 Software Development E15 4LJ
This listing has expired
Progress your knowledge in the world of digital technologies. Learn the principles of software development, application development, cyber security and much more. Study in a state-of-the-art learning environment at the UK’s only Samsung Digital Academy.
This course is perfect for the next This course is perfect for the next generation of software and application developers who wish to build their practical skills and start a career in the world of digital technology.
Teaching specifically selected units from Teaching specifically selected units from the City and Guilds TechBac qualification, this certificate will offer a unique blend of hands-on technical and transferable soft skills, making you business ready
During the course you will develop an understanding in each of the following areas:
– Application Development
– Web Development
– Systems Infrastructure
– HTML5 & CSS3
– Cyber Security
– Business Analysis
– Telecoms/Unified Communications
– A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grades A*
– D – A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grades A*
– D (new grades 3 – 9)
– English or Maths at grade D, or Functional Skills in Applied Communications, or where appropriate Applied Numeracy at Level 1, or a Gateway Certificate/Diploma at Level 1 with Functional Skills Level 1
– Aged between 16 -18
– Completed college assessment
– Successful interview
*Depending on individual circumstances entry requirements may vary, contact us for more information.
Once completing the Level 2 Certificate most students progress on to our Level 3 courses in Networking and Hardware, Software, Social Media or Building Design.
Further Career Options
– Web Developer
– App Developer
– Web Designer
– Application Developer
– Software Developer
Location and Duration The course is one year and is based at The course is one year and is based at Newham College’s East Ham, Samsung Digital Academy Campus (ten minute walk from East Ham tube).
– Introduction to digital technologies
– Cyber security
– Introduction to supporting users
– Principles of software development
– Application development
– Mobile application development
– HTML5 and web enhancements
– Principles of software testing
REGISTER YOUR CV