Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Solutions 4 IT offers IT support and Cybersecurity for Midlands based Businesses for its West Midlands office location. Since 1998, Solutions 4 IT has deployed dedicated teams focusing upon overcoming IT & Tech issues across a range of differing platforms/ software, including Microsoft & Apple – this a professional one-on-one consultation services to develop tailor-made solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your IT support career with an experienced Microsoft partner. You’ll work hard, learn fast and develop your skills within a highly successful IT business.
You’ll gain exposure and insight into a range of tech and build a firm foundation.
As a natural ‘techie’, you’ll have a passion for the subject, being well-organised, thorough and have the ability to plan and prioritise.
Main role and responsibilities:
Your primary role will be to support and maintain the companies and clients IT infrastructure:
- Escalate IT issues to the relevant resource level where necessary
- Responsible for checking backups
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Provide desktop
- Support and maintain Desktops, Office 365, AlphaXchange.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- E-Mail server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Providing support for MAC, PC’s and mobile devices
- Assign tickets to relevant engineer level
- Ensure there are no tickets left in progress
- Work to ensure no tickets older than 10 days on helpdesk
- Chase all tickets on hold, if no update after 1 day.
- Process resolved tickets
- Create and maintain technical documentation whilst ensuring engineers and clients are kept fully informed
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Provide assistance as required
- Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Assist project team where required
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the ConnectWise dispatch portal
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- To comply at all times with the company’s Health and Safety Policy, Safe Systems of Work, and security policies i.e; ISO27001
- To take care of and wear the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by the company
- Not to undertake any work activity or use any equipment or machinery that you have not been trained for
- Use all internal systems to ensure client’s needs are met in an efficient manner
- To help the team maintain a 97% or above CSAT level across all clients
- Maintain a high level of motivation and positive / professional attitude in the team everyday
Changes may be required to perform other duties that may reasonably be expected of you within the company. Amendments may be made to your job description from time to time in relation to our changing needs and your own ability.
- Ability to learn and develop skills with a flexible approach to problem solving
- Love technology – perhaps you will have upgraded or rebuilt a PC in your spare time.
- A good personality, outgoing and confident, clearly spoken (doesn’t mumble)
- Being a team player
- Hard working
- Good service skills
- May have work experience in a service related job previously (not necessarily IT related.)
- 3x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade A-C in any subject
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
42 hours per week (Monday – Thursday, 8:00am – 5:30pm – and Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm)
The employer has a strong track record of supporting apprentices and is a leading local tech support provider for many businesses, as such it is an ideal start point into the world of IT & Tech.
This apprenticeship is often referred to as being a ‘Helpdesk Apprenticeship’ and upon completion offers multiple potential directions dependent upon career aspirations as it allows for so much exposure into the world of IT & Tech at an early stage of your career.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV