Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
This listing has expired
The school is a large 3 form entry primary school in inner city Birmingham. It was formed with the amalgamation of the Infant and Junior Schools many years ago but still operates from two sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a city centre school and to become a key member in their ICT team whilst studying for an accredited apprenticeship qualification in IT. The role requires enthusiasm, confidence and flexibility working within the school environment.
The opportunity is within a vibrant and nurturing school community, where children are given the skills to become, inquisitive, resilient, independent learners. Their curriculum provides a range of creative, challenging and inspiring experiences for all. This equips their children with the life skills to be happy.
Main role and key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the provision of ICT support in all areas of the school and for partner
- Repair and maintenance of all Desktop and Laptop PC’s
- Assistance with network installations and configuration
- Providing support for students and staff in the use of ICT
- Maintenance of Health and Safety issues related to the use of ICT
- The maintenance and improvement of the ICT equipment used in the school
- The monitoring of legal implications relating to the use of ICT within the school
- The provision of in class support for ICT lessons or lessons using ICT in the school
- To ensure that at all times ICT facilities are fully functional and secure
- To contribute to the development of ICT and its use within the school
- To undertake the necessary training associated with the post
- To train other staff
- Maintenance of existing PCs and Laptops including the installation of all appropriate software
- Assistance with the maintenance and development of a school wide network
- Deliver and set up of portable ICT equipment as required by staff
- Installation and maintenance of Whiteboard technology and other technological equipment associated with teaching and learning
- Provide support to classroom teachers during lessons including working with students and the delivery of some technical parts of lessons
- Provide support for students in out of hours classes/extra-curricular time
- To contribute to provide of physical security measures to protect against loss of equipment
- To provide support for the in-service training of staff
- To provide support for the development of the school website through liaison with all areas of the school and the Network Manager
- To provide support for the wider community of the school including feeder primaries and adult partner groups as directed
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Headteacher or his delegate
- To ensure that all ICT systems within the school are installed and operated safely and to remove from use any such equipment that is deemed to be unsafe to use
- To work proactively to ensure that equipment is protected from damage or misuse and to be vigilant in spotting unsafe or dangerous equipment and to take appropriate action
- To adhere to the ethos of the school
- To promote the agreed vision and aims of the school
- To set an example of personal integrity and professionalism
- Attendance at appropriate staff meetings and parents evenings
- Any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school
- A passion and interest for IT
- Some experience is desired
- Good communicator with pupils, teachers and key stakeholders all interacting.
- Being able to work confidently with minimal supervision
- Able to be flexible to work in line with job hours covering the working day in school. We would like to cover the IT provision in school between the hours of 7.30am and 5.30pm [36.5hrs per week] so there will be a need for a split shift system in the future
- Confident working in a small team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Holidays: [Up to 5 years’ service 29 plus 8 statutory]
- 5 years plus service 32 plus 8 statutory
- 10 years plus service 34 plus 8 statutory
During 1st year of service:
- 1 month’s full pay or (after completing 4 months service) 2 months half pay.
During 2nd year of service:
- 2 months full pay and 2 months half pay.
During 3rd year of service:
- 4 months full pay and 4 months half pay.
During 4th and 5th years of service:
- 5 months full pay and 5 months half pay.
After 5 years’ service:
- 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV