Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Our Client specialises in the design, project management, installation, and service / maintenance of refrigeration, air conditioning, mechanical, electrical and other core building services, currently it has established itself as one of the nations leading contractors, offering an all encompassing package to a wide range of clients in the retail, commercial, corporate and governmental fields.
The company provides a truly nation-wide service, that is among few companies who can boast such provision using directly employed staff and engineers.
- Provide full IT support service duties through the provision of technical support to all customers of the IT department.
- Fault finding and resolution.
- Identify possible system/s improvement/evolvement, and to work with Senior Management and System provider/s to meet requirements.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of mobile equipment and applications in line with company policy.
- Administration of a variety of software packages within the business.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Order computer supplies, when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
- Travel across the Company sites as required to provide support as necessary.
- Communication within a small team based at 2 geographic locations.
- Understanding of escalation process within team.
- Develop and maintain key interdepartmental relationships.
- Undertake all other duties identified by the ICT Manager to ensure smooth running of the function at all times.
- Ensure that part ordering procedure is followed, and value of parts ordered does not reach excessive / unacceptable levels.
- Is helpful, friendly and courteous, Clarifies customer enquiries and responds in timely fashion.
- Knows who is responsible for what and who to refer people to and escalates issues appropriately.
- Builds relationships with customers.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in order to meet customer needs and manage expectations.
- Ensures good service.
- Ensures high standards of service delivery.
- Consults with customers to identify their needs.
- Takes a solution focused approach and tackles customer issues.
- Arrives punctually for work.
- Communication and Understanding.
- Numerical data is accurate and interpreted correctly.
- Seeks additional information to enhance understanding, Determines and clarifies the exact requirements of any situation.
- Checks information for accuracy and raises concerns if information is inaccurate.
- Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended recipient/audience.
- Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- IT Skills.
- Uses email and Microsoft packages skilfully and appropriately.
- Obtaining information.
- Uses questioning, analytical and probing skills to ‘dig deeper’.
- Is reliable and consistent
- Demonstrates a positive/can do attitude
- Is responsive to instructions and feedback and seeks to deliver results
- Complies with relevant standards and procedures
- Takes pride in work and ensures output is accurate and of a high quality and quantity
- Takes responsibility for actions and doesn’t blame others unfairly
- Works hard and puts in longer hours than necessary
- Takes ownership and prioritises
- Asks questions and seeks out information to do job
- Prioritises work appropriately and organises self
- Monitors workload and takes initiative to identify work
- Works autonomously and can motivate self
- Sees things through from beginning to end
- Willingly maintains knowledge and skills required to do job
- Plans ahead and initiates action
- Ensures / knows what and why things need to be done
- Plans ahead in accordance with objectives
- Seeks out opportunities and overcomes obstacles
- Takes ownerships and prioritises
3x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A-C in any subject
GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Long term employment, Potential to increase earnings based on performance and completion of programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV