Lifegaurd & Fitness Instructing Apprenticeship
Lifegaurd & Fitness Instructing Apprenticeship VAC-41025
• Learning how to create personal exercise plans for members
• Demonstrating activities for members to follow
• Showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
• Assisting with Gym tours and inductions
• To comply with the Centre’s Health and Safety procedures at all times.
• To assist with first aid when required.
• To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner, delivering outstanding service
• To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately.
• Safe and effective pool supervision
• Regular attendance at pool training
• To carry out scheduled cleaning duties, as per the site cleaning plan.
• To carry out reactive cleaning as and when required.
• To wear the prescribed staff uniform at all times.
• To carry out patrols of the Centre.
• To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
• To ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 40 Hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £148.00
Application Deadline: 07-02-2019
Possible Start Date : 14-02-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV