Lifegaurding and Customer Service Apprenticeship VAC-38171
This listing has expired
Serco are working with an external organisation for recruitment to this apprenticeship scheme. Your application will be shared with an external organisation. By continuing with your application you are consenting to your application being shared with our partner Lifetime Training
PURPOSE OF JOB
To learn and provide front line customer service, excellent product and facility knowledge, lifeguarding duties and personal development.
• Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
• Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable leisure centre environment by implementing organisational maintenance schedules.
• Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
• Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
• Resolving customers’ problems, including situations where there is disagreement over the actions and outcomes involved.
• Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
• Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
• Accurately filling in forms or reports relating to their normal duties.
• Taking occasional responsibility for the induction and development of new members of staff.
• In a wet-side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies.
• Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role.
• Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations that this provides, referring to appropriate members of staff for guidance and support.
• Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
• Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
• Preparation of activity area and equipment
• Attendance at regular pool training
Customer Service Duties
• Greet and book-in customers to the Leisure Centre
• Deal with cash transactions and receipts
• Ensure a continuous availability of customer information
• Deal with first line customer enquiries or complaints
• Deal with customers by telephone
• Taking customer booking at reception desk and by telephone
• Deal with membership sales
Minimum GCSE or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
£3.70 per hour
37 hrs per week – includes some early shifts (from 07:00am), some late shifts (until 22:00) and some weekend working.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 37 Hrs Per Week, Inc. Evernings, Weekends and Mornings
Weekly Wage : £136.90
Application Deadline: 22-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 29-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV