Lifeguarding and Fitness Apprenticeship
Lifeguarding and Fitness Apprenticeship VAC-50727
Please be aware that you will spend 90% of your time Lifeguarding and the other 10% working within the gym.
Harpenden Leisure Centre are offering a great opportunity to embark upon an aqua life apprenticeship where you will work towards your Level 2 in Activity Leadership, Level 2 Leisure Operations, Level 2 Fitness Instructor and RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
This is a 12-15 month apprenticeship, training will be provided to work towards an Level 2 in Activity Leadership.
Your duties will include:
– Your role will mainly be based around the pool doing LIFEGUARDING
– Provide exceptional customer service to all members
– Ensuring the centre is always clean and tidy
– Assisting with gym tours and inductions
– Setting up/dismantling and storing away activity equipment sefetly
– Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
– To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
– To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
Through work experience, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational), and from completing a structured learning programme to obtain work related qualifications, develop and demonstrate both an understanding of and capability to carry out the activities of a Lifeguard.
You will need to be a strong and competent swimmer. Experience in competitive swimming or previous training with a swim club would be advantageous.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
If you do not already hold your NPLQ, you will put on the course and must pass in order to continue with the apprenticeship.
Flexibility towards the hours and role are essential as you will be required to work on a shift-rota basis including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Salary and Benefits
• £150.00 per week (£5.00 per hour based on 30 hours per week)
• Good personal development opportunities available
• Friendly and supportive work environment
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 hours per week inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £150.00
Application Deadline: 03-01-2020
Possible Start Date : 08-01-2020
REGISTER YOUR CV