Lifeguarding and Fitness Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain nationally recognised qualifications.
This is a 12-15 month apprenticeship and your training will be provided by Lifetime Training! You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 Diploma (which includes Gym Instructing Level 2 Diploma and Leisure Operations Level 2 Diploma)
You will also gain your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification (NPLQ) which qualifies you as a certified Lifeguard.
90% of your working hours will involve working around the pool, completing Lifeguarding duties. The other 10% of your hours will be based within the gym, in order for you to complete the Gym Instructing part of your qualification.
Duties involved within the leisure side of the facility:
– In a wet-side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies.
– Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
– Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable leisure centre environment by implementing organisational maintenance schedules.
– Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
– Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
– Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
– Providing help on reception; emails, phone calls, face to face enquiries.
Duties involved within the fitness side of the facility:
– Developing and delivering exercise sessions
– Assist with the organisation and instruction of classes within the gyms as required
– Carry out member inductions
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you can complete the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
The position is also subject to a successful DBS check.
Through work experience, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational), and from completing a structured learning programme to obtain work related qualifications, develop and demonstrate both an understanding of and capability to carry out the activities of a practising Lifeguard/Fitness Apprentice.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 32 Hours Per Week (Inc. Evenings and Weekends)
Weekly Wage : £144.00
Application Deadline: 16-04-2018
Possible Start Date : 30-04-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV