Lifeguarding Apprentice VAC-39168
Houghton Regis Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as an Leisure Assistant Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Leisure Operations!
What will the role involve?
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operation & Leisure Management Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
• Assist in reception and booking duties as required.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 39 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you can complete the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Location: Houghton Regis
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 39Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £175.50
Application Deadline: 26-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 02-11-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV