Lifeguarding Apprenticeship VAC-39147
Serco are working with an external organisation for recruitment to this apprenticeship scheme. Your application will be shared with an external organisation. By continuing with your application you are consenting to your application being shared with our partner Lifetime Training
Market Harborough Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as a Swim Teaching & Lifeguarding Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Activity Leadership!
Your duties will include:
– Provide exceptional customer service to all members
– Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
– Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
– Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
– To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
– To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
– To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
– You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification and Swim Teaching Level 1.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Location: Market Harborough
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline: 21-01-2019
Possible Start Date : 28-01-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV