Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice
This listing has expired
You will be based at your local BMW/MINI Retailer, working in a busy workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
All BMW Light Vehicle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the UK and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology. The training takes place over a 3 year period and takes the form of classroom and workshop sessions.
The course is unique to BMW with a special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work on the latest cars, engines and BMW diagnostic equipment, ultimately leading to the ability to undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on vehicles to the highest standards once fully qualified.
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
• A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole.
• To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn.
• A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism.
• To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually.
Qualifications to be achieved:
• IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ).
• IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence (VCQ).
• IMIAL Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ).
• IMIAL Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence (VCQ).
• IMIAL Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigeration Handling.
• IMIAL Level 2 Award in Electric / Hybrid Vehicles.
• IMIAL Light Vehicle Technician Accreditation.
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
• ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
REGISTER YOUR CV