2020 UK Graduate Data Scientist 41918BR
This listing has expired
2020 UK Graduate Data Scientist
What will you be getting up to?
Working as a Data Scientist for our Smart Infrastructure business, you will join our growing software development team to deliver leading-edge solutions to our clients from various industries. By working together, you will help solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions in the field of physical and digital infrastructure, all through the application of data science.
You will support the implementation of our Moata platform, working across our technology stack, but mostly within our middle analytics tier.
As a Data Scientist you will have a chance to work with and learn from the other members of our team, including software engineers, data scientists, solution architects, and engineers. Within the scope of the projects delivered, you may be responsible for any number of these elements:
- Partnering with software engineers to define and develop machine learning products on our platform.
- Designing and implementing ETL processes.
- Applying AI and advanced analytics to large data sets within the 6 sectors of Mott MacDonald.
- Presenting information using data visualisation techniques.
- Inspiring self-serve data use by building dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding
‘Motts provides a rare opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team to innovatively solve the most challenging engineering problems with data science and machine learning’ – Quy Vu
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for Data Science, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Good understanding of statistics.
- Strong Python Skills.
- In-depth understanding of machine learning.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture;
** Application deadline is the 10 November 2019 **
About this scheme
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
REGISTER YOUR CV