Maintenance Operations Apprentice
Maintenance Operations Apprentice 31100
About this opportunity
Broadoak School has a wonderful opportunity for a Maintenance Operations Apprentice. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day estates and facilities management services.
Duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain high level of security in rooms/area.
• Lock/unlock premises and check for issues, liaising with emergency services (e.g. Police, Fire Brigade, Education Officers) when required. Making rooms and premises secure after break-ins or vandalism.
• Switch on/off intruder alarms, internal and external lights as necessary.
• Check operation of fire alarms, extinguishers, emergency lights and fire hoses on a regular basis. To maintain records of these checks.
• Make safe gas, water and electric power when locking up.
• Undertake regular cleaning and tidying of all School areas.
• To undertake the maintenance of school caretaking/cleaning equipment and ensure safe storage.
• Report any housekeeping problems to the Estates Supervisor to ensure that cleaning is completed to the required standard
• Maintain close working relationship with Estates supervisor, other staff and liaise with establishment users as necessary.
• The delivery & collection of the school post and deliveries.
• To undertake general grounds maintenance tasks.
• Maintain suitable information systems appropriate to the post and needs of the site. To organise and prioritise workload with the rest of the estates team/supervisor.
• Initiate work orders for repair and liaise with staff from other departments and outside contractors in a timely manner.
• To undertake weekly health & safety checks.
• To undertake the portable appliance testing (PAT) in accordance with the inspection schedule.
• To undertake planned preventative maintenance checks and record findings.
• Carry out basic maintenance work following appropriate training. i.e. General maintenance of building:-
• Plumbing i.e. leaking taps
• Joinery i.e. boarding up broken windows
• Plastering to small areas.
• Re-glazing to ground floor level.
• Electrical – make safe broken light switch/sockets plugs.
• Gas – leaks
Other duties as necessary within the capabilities of the post holder.
What you could go on to do
It allows candidates to progress onto employment or to the City and Guilds qualification; Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Maintenance Occupations.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
You will receive mentoring from your workplace line manager in order to help facilitate the development of your skills and abilities in order to achieve your apprenticeship qualification.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• Minimum English and Maths GCSE at grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Flexible approach to working arrangements and hours of work
• Ability to organise and prioritise work load and to use one’s own initiative to complete tasks
• Proven ability to contribute to team working and to demonstrate interpersonal skills, sufficient to ensure effective working relationships with both colleagues and a wide range of other contacts both internal and external to the Academy
REGISTER YOUR CV