Management Apprenticeship Jem Childcare
This listing has expired
The majority of apprenticeship management or business administration roles – whether in an office, call centre or retail environment, require the following:
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the employing company whilst learning to eventually undertake key responsibilities for management and/or administration tasks.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities could include:
· answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
· receive and direct visitors and clients
· general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
· maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
· retrieve documents from filing system
· handle requests for information and data
· resolve administrative problems and inquiries
· prepare written responses to routine enquiries
· prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
· schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
· prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
· record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
· open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
· maintain office supply inventories
· coordinate maintenance of office equipment
· coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
· learning about principles and practices of office and other areas of management
· communication skills – written and verbal
· planning and organizing
· problem assessment and problem solving
· information gathering and information monitoring
· attention to detail and accuracy
· customer service orientation
Competencies for the role are as follows:
Provides a high level of service to customers. Maintains contact with customers, works out what they need and responds to them. Is aware of issues of diversity, and understands and is sensitive to cultural and racial differences.
Speaks clearly and concisely, and does not use jargon. Writes in plain English and uses correct grammar. Listens carefully to understand.
Openness to change
Understands the need for change and is willing to adapt to it. Is flexible and prepared to try out new ideas.
Takes personal responsibility for own actions and for sorting out issues or problems that arise. Is focussed on achieving results to required standards and developing skills and knowledge.
Planning & Organising
Plans and carries out activities in an orderly and well-structured way. Prioritises tasks, and uses time in the best possible way, and works within appropriate policy and procedures.
Gathers enough relevant information to understand specific issues and events. Uses information to identify problems and draw logical conclusions. Makes good decisions.
Respect for Diversity
Understands other people’s views and takes them into account. Is tactful and diplomatic when dealing with people. Treats people with dignity and respect at all times, no matter what their background, status, circumstances or appearance.
Works effectively as a team member and helps build relationships within it. Actively helps and supports others to achieve team goals.
This is a full time position and to adhere to apprenticeship guidelines, applicants will be expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Please note: This vacancy is an apprenticeship and the salary for this position is £2.73.
Training will be provided both on the job through the nursery and off the job through Broaden HR Tinies Training.
REGISTER YOUR CV