Marston’s Sous Chef – Advanced Level Apprenticeship VAC-39359
This listing has expired
With your development in mind, management skills will be essential for this role and as part of this opportunity the industry standard Level 3 Senior Production Chef apprenticeship will sharpen your knowledge and give you the skills and qualities to be the best Second Chef and leader in your kitchen.
As a passionate and hands on Chef you will be second in command, supporting the Head Chef, to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen and driving your team to deliver top quality food, to specification. Communication is vital in this high volume, fast paced environment. You will be a key ingredient in the success of this business!
How will you develop?
• Following a tailored induction, you will be immersed into the Marston’s ways of working.
• Operating in the engine room of our pubs, your leadership skills will be sharpened to inspire and motivate your team and drive results
• During the 12-15 month training plan you will learn how to support and influence the team positively to deliver the highest quality.
• With on-going support you will start to understand the expectations of your team, meaning you will be able to delegate work to maintain a smooth operation
• Understanding the principles of business success – embedding Marston’s vision, objectives and standards, you will become a well-rounded member of the management team
What will you get?
• The skills to become a successful Head Chef
• Industry recognised Level 3 Senior Chef in Production Cooking Advanced Apprenticeship standard
• Full Marston’s benefits package
• The opportunity to forge a career following Marston’s career pathway
Marston’s PLC is a leading independent pub retailing and brewing business. We are a truly national operator with over 1,700 pubs and five regional breweries situated throughout the UK. We are also the market leader in the development of new pub restaurants having invested over £140 million within the last five years to build over 100 new outlets! And that’s not all… we’ve also continued to invest heavily in our existing pubs, undertaking major refurbishments and evolving our brands and we plan to open an additional 30 new sites each year.
The Benefits and Rewards
As you’d expect from a name like Marston’s the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there’s ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
• A competitive hourly salary
• The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
• 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
• Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
• Marston’s Rewards online discount scheme
• Long service awards
• Ability to develop through our Keyholder, Chef Development and Deputy Manager Programmes
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : Wages are NMW for age: 16-17 is £4.20. 18-20 is £5.90, 21 to 24 is £7.38 and 25+ is £7.83
Weekly Wage : £320.00
Application Deadline: 05-06-2019
Possible Start Date : 12-06-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV