Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician Apprentice
Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technician Apprentice VAC-03441
The role of a MET Technician is to identify mechanical and electrical components on damaged motor vehicles which need to be removed before the bodywork repairs can be carried out and to refit them after the repairs are complete.
As an apprentice, you will gain expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems. This includes:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
• Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
• Remove, repair and replace: engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
• Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Weekly Wage: £200.00
Application Deadline: 26-07-2019
Possible Start Date: 05-08-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV