Microsoft IT Security Apprentice – London (EC4M) – 16382
This listing has expired
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for our clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers.
Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Job overview / purpose:
At Avanade, security isn’t just a career, it’s a passion.
Security can be interpreted to mean different things across the industry and here at Avanade we are the experts in securing the Microsoft platform.
We recognise our clients’ needs for security solutions and skill our security professionals to meets those needs, as well as providing an environment that supports people in developing themselves according to their interests.
We are looking for ambitious and passionate IT Security Apprentice willing to take their security and technology knowledge to the next level.
Being our IT Security Apprentice, you will be working alongside our global team of security consultants, directly with clients, using the latest technologies and innovations to solve some of the toughest business and technology problems.
The type of work our apprentices do varies widely but you may find yourself involved in:
- Cloud Services & Networking
- Data protection
- Perimeter and information security
- Working with the latest cloud security technologies
- Learning about security technologies and concepts
- Working within teams comprised of peers from Avanade, other consultancies and customers.
- Taking on roles of responsibility for the client
- Assisting with client workshops and being part of presenting them
- Creating user guides / documentation
- Working closely with some of the coolest people in the industry
- Often, you’ll be placed on projects with teams where interaction with the customer may take place. You’ll have the support of your peers but will often find yourself developing your interpersonal and communications skills
- An open mind and enthusiasm to develop oneself is a must
- Not wanting to be bored. No one enjoys having nothing to do, and neither should you, for this reason we’re hoping you’ll enjoy staying busy and improving your game through the myriad of challenges that will cross your path, including conquering your fear
- We are a Microsoft part-owned company, having a passion in technology is great, especially if it covers Microsoft products – Adding an interest of hacking, securing the holes in a system or monitoring and auditing makes great, awesome
- Evidence of an interest in technology such as a website/blog, internship, school projects or developing applications
- Not really a skill… Enthusiasm, and bags of it too
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel within the UK as much as is required by the needs of our customers and our business. Although not frequent, this could also involve international assignments.
You will either have completed a Level 3 IT Apprenticeship or have A Level/BTEC in ICT or Computing.
5 days per week,
9.00am – 5.30pm
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£17,500 per annum
An Apprenticeship with Avanade will also give you the opportunity to kickstart your career with a minimum of 80 hours a year on training and development, including technical education and certifications, professional skills, management courses, language and more.
This will provide the foundation for your on-the-job learning; working on some of our most exciting projects, bleeding edge technologies and security concepts.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV