Miskin Apprenticeship Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
Engineering Apprenticeships – Miskin (Ref.MD11462b)
The application process for the 2019 scheme is now open.
This is a three-year commitment during which you will learn and develop manufacturing and engineering skills and knowledge through onsite work placements, whilst also studying for nationally recognised qualifications at Bridgend College in South Wales.
We are looking to recruit 10 apprentices in an engineering discipline.
- Based full time at Bridgend College undertaking the first year EAL Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering Technologies.
- Completing a EAL Level 2 NVQ diploma in Performance Engineering Operations.
- Day release to Bridgend college to complete EAL Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering Technologies studies.
- Work placements rotations in the manufacturing areas, gaining vital skills and knowledge and completing the EAL Level 3 NVQ diploma in Performance Engineering Operations. Please note there will be a requirement to spend some of this time working a double day shift pattern – alternating each week between a work pattern of 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.
- Continued work placements rotations to improve and develop skills relevant to manufacturing and production processes.
- There is a chance to study towards an HNC or a Higher Apprenticeship.
- The chance to specialise in a specific area of the business, further enhancing skills and knowledge.
- Continued study towards higher education with further career progression being supported for the right candidates.
Application and recruitment process:
- Apply online with a covering letter and CV – the deadline for applications is Friday 1st March 2019.
- Assessment – if you are selected to attend you will spend half a day at the Miskin site, where your Maths and mechanical aptitude will be assessed. These will be held in March 2019.
- Interview and assessment day– if you are selected you will be invited to attend a full day at Renishaw’s Miskin site. You will have an interview, individual practical assessments, and a team exercise and site tour, along with the opportunity to talk to some apprentices currently in the scheme. To be held in April 2019.
- Offers will be made in May 2019.
Applicants must have:
- The minimum of 5 GCSEs, including a B or above in Maths and Maths Numeracy, Grade C or above in English Language or English Literature and grade C or above in a scientific discipline.
- Other relevant subjects such as Design & Technology or Engineering would be an advantage.
- Please ensure your CV is up to date with details of qualifications you are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You can include predicted grades if you have not completed your studies yet.
- Relevant work experience done through school or college would be beneficial although is not essential.
A genuine interest and enthusiasm to undertake a practical, hands on role in a manufacturing environment.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude is required for the role.
- Use your covering letter to tell us:
• why you want to do an apprenticeship and why you choose engineering.
• what interests you have away from school/college or work that support a mechanical aptitude and interest in the principles of engineering.
• how you plan to travel to college and your place of work at the various site, bearing in mind that some time will be spent following shift patterns.
REGISTER YOUR CV