Model Based System Engineer Graduate 10375491
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates with the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills,
over the 2/3 year period it combines rational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as
well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities
that exist within your function, the wider business areas and even with customers and suppliers. This along with training
provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes
The role will be in the Simulation Projects Department, which is a trans-national department.
The working times will be the prevailing working period for non-shift workers; however, there will be occasions when extended
working periods may be needed to meet project dead-lines.
The Simulation Projects Department is developing leading edge technologies and methodologies to radically improve
collaborative multi-disciplinary modelling and simulation activities. The Department is involved in National and European
research projects working with major aeronautical companies, technology vendors and academic partners.
In previous projects the Simulation Projects Department developed an approach for building a Behavioural Digital Aircraft (BDA).
Just as today, the Digital Mock-up is the backbone for the Product Life-cycle Management world; our goal is for the BDA to
become the new backbone for the simulation world. This is considered a challenging topic for research, innovation and
deployment over the next decade. In more detail, the BDA is proposed as the overall system of enabling capabilities that will:
– Enable rapid “right first time” design of our next aircraft products
– Describe and host models and simulation processes.
– Enable models to be federated, linked and interact with seamless interoperability, cross-functional and contextual associativity.
– Enable the consolidation, visualisation and analyses of simulation data that are created by the different disciplines throughout
the extended enterprise
– Operate the models to facilitate multidisciplinary simulation and drive all enterprise functions
– Ensure the quality and the fitness for purpose of the models and simulation processes.
– Reduce the cost of simulation by enabling reuse of existing models and by making it easy to create higher-level or different
types of representation.
This role will be based in Bristol, Filton (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus UK Graduate programme benefit
package including an annual salary of £27,000.00 per year – plus a welcome payment of £2,000.00
The selected candidate will:
– Lead the development of collaborative modelling and simulation demonstrators
– Propose and lead the prototyping of software to demonstrate the “art of the possible”
– Support capturing the collaborative modelling and simulation requirements from engineering specialists across multiple
– Support the application of Systems Engineering techniques to capture collaborative modelling and simulation use cases
– Support the specification of information models for performing collaborative modelling and simulation activities
– Support communication and deployment of these collaborative modelling and simulation practices as a strategic enabler for
This role will appeal to those who are interested in working as members of a multi-disciplinary teams on challenging research,
development and deployment topics, involving a wide range of companies across many countries. The technical tasks comprise
mathematics, statistics and computer sciences in an aeronautical engineering context.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Masters degree in one of the following subjects; Mechanical, Electrical or Aeronautics Engineering, Physics, Mathematics,
Statistics or Computer Science
Ideally, modules studied would include:
¤ Applied Mathematics (including computational methods)
¤ Computer Programing – application of Information Technology in Engineering
¤ Applied Physics (including mechanics, engineering systems)
¤ Systems Engineering
– Evidence of teamwork
– Relevant placement or work experience preferred
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of C++, Python, Java desirable
Please demonstrate your wider interest in the aerospace industry, digital technology and motivation for this Graduate position
with a cover letter and CV.
Following application to this position you may be invited to undertake a number of selection activities including online testing and
attending an assessment centre. Please note that online tests must be complete within 7 days of invitation.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible
facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV