Network Operations Engineer Apprentice
Network Operations Engineer Apprentice
We design, implement and manage technology solutions that will keep evolving with your business. We can provide a scalable service to meet your needs by listening to your business needs today, as well as what you want to achieve in the future.
We will ensure we implement technology to help and assist your business.
Our solutions are smart, flexible and uniquely geared to meeting your specific challenges.
Security – Timeless IMS can provide you with the most appropriate network and visual security solutions that your business needs.
Cloud – Timeless IMS cloud specialists will help you manage your business and workload with ease and connect your teams.
Intelligence – Timeless IMS provide managed data intelligence solutions to assist in improving business operations and performance.
People – Timeless IMS will help you bring out the best of your organisation, our solutions will support your best asset, your people.
The role plays a key part in resolving technical faults across our customer base, which includes:
- End users (B2C) and managed service offerings (B2B). Products supported will include a wide
- Range of services ranging from public and private cloud services, large enterprise wired and
- Wireless network infrastructures through to end user troubleshooting.
- The network operations engineer role will provide outstanding service focussed on resolving
- Escalated incidents from the customer facing support teams, resolving urgent monitoring alerts,
- Network equipment commissioning, and planned network maintenance.
This position will allow excellent career opportunities to the right individual who is looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a fast growing company, and who has a strong drive to grow professionally and bring dedication to our customers and the rest of the team.
- Handle technical support issues via incident management escalations
- Daily use of monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
- Configuration and commissioning of wired and wireless networking equipment
- Integration of multi-vendor network devices with the monitoring systems
- Maintenance and development of the monitoring systems
- Day-to-day Technical Operation activities (network migrations, design changes, infrastructure updates and firmware updates)
- Infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours
- Working experience on incident management processes and prioritisation
- Working experience with monitoring systems, and have an excellent understanding of monitoring best practices
- Good general networking knowledge, including routing (OSPF, BGP), firewalls and switching
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
They’ll be a full time opportunity available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education