IT Support Technician Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
IT Support Apprentices x 2 (MD11460)
Renishaw is looking to recruit two IT Support Apprentices, to be based at the New Mills site near Wotton-under-Edge in Gloucestershire.
The successful applicants will undertake the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship standard, which will take approximately one year to complete. Four days a week will be based in work placements, with one day a week at Gloucester College.
The apprenticeship will start in September 2019, but there may be the possibility for the successful applicants to start earlier with the company.
What will I do?
- The role will primarily involve the support of Windows 10 and 7 installed PCs and the applications installed on them. Renishaw uses a variety of PC applications including MS Office, Visio,
- Project and server applications including SharePoint and SCCM.
- The day-to-day system administration on a variety of different desktop systems.
- Providing fast, efficient, and diligent IT support to Renishaw employees worldwide.
- Implementing and developing systems following defined standards and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- The minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/level 4 and above, including Maths, English and IT.
- A strong interest in IT, with the aptitude and enthusiasm to undertake an apprenticeship in this field.
- A good understanding of software and hardware, knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 7, and a general understanding of TCP/IP and networking.
- The ability to work with a variety of PC software packages.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to get to college and work, so you should have a driving licence and car, or be looking to get one as soon as possible.
REGISTER YOUR CV