Nursery Assistant Apprentice – Toddle In Group
This listing has expired
Take your first steps into a rewarding career in Early Years education. Earn while you learn. Develop the potential in young children through on-the-job training and gain your nationally recognised qualification on the way
We are a nursery for pre-school
children, with an emphasis on high quality care and
development. You need to be passionate about working with
children in a setting where listening and communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend college where necessary, complete all assignments on time and attend associated training.
- To help to set up the setting for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To work closely with the teacher and other staff members, building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise teacher and Safeguarding co-ordinator of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To engage with children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the teacher, in accordance with the setting’s objectives.
To look upon the Nursery as a ‘whole’. Be constantly aware of the changing needs of the children and nursery.
GCSE Maths and English 3-9 (A-D) or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and gain a level 3 qualification.
- Good skills of communication and interaction.
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- Clean tidy and presentable appearance; appropriately dressed for the setting
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic
REGISTER YOUR CV