Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
We are a small nursery situated in Wollaton Village, we work hard to strive for improvement; offering both on the job training and also out of hours conferences for our staff to keep up to date with the ever changing world of The Early Years
You will be working with a range of age groups during your training, reporting to both the manager and your team leader who will be available to support you closely in the room. Some of your resonsibilites will be.
· To ensure that the children in attendance at Wollaton Village Day Nursery receive the highest possible standard of childcare and professional practice.
· To assist the Nursery Manager and other senior members of staff in the promotion and maintenance of a warm, stimulating and caring environment.
· To attend to any child’s physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs whilst offering the child the opportunity to advance in their language development.
· To supervise children at snack and mealtimes, nurturing good manners and social skills.
· To assist in the planning, implementation and participation in variety of activities by age/stage of development appropriate to the child.
· To be aware of each child’s ability encouraging and developing their self-esteem and independence during the day.
· To reflect non-racial and non-sexist attitudes through good nursery practice when dealing with children and parents at the Nursery.
· To recognise the role that parents have already played in the early education of their child and that their continued involvement is crucial to successful learning.
· In consultation with the Nursery Manager, team leaders and parents, assist in identifying a suitable care plan when accommodating children with special needs.
· To ensure that the nursery is a safe and healthy environment.
To report any concerns or problems to our health and safety co-ordinator, who in turn will advise the Nursery Manager / Deputy Manager.
· To seek advice of a designated first aider in the event of a child having an accident at nursery. To ensure completion of any necessary documentation at the time.
· To ensure and maintain the health, personal hygiene and dignity of each child in the Nursery.
· To carryout any other duties as may be required within the position of Nursery Assistant.
Nursery Duties Specific to the Care of the Young Child
· To implement the necessary health and safety, fire, accident and emergency procedures in accordance with Wollaton Village Day Nursery policies.
· To carry out all nursery tasks in accordance with the shift/rota system. It may be necessary to carry out additional duties, temporarily, in the absence of colleagues.
· To liaise with colleagues when finishing a shift, advising them of any information which is to be relayed to the parents when the child is collected from Nursery.
GCSE grades of C and above (or equivalent) for English, maths and ICT are desirable.
Passion to work in childcare
Bright willing to learn, energetic.
REGISTER YOUR CV