Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Helping Hands at Holy Name School opened in September 2009 and is registered to provide childcare for children aged 11 and under.
The club aims to provide a safe, secure and relaxed environemnt for the children in our care. We endeavour to provide an atmosphere and activities similar to those found within the home. All of our staff recieve regular, on-going training.
Helping Hands run before and after school in term time and we run a play-scheme through all school holidays except for the Christmas holidays.
An excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to gain a Level 2 Childcare qualification as an apprenticeship, with the possibility of progressing to gain a Level 3 qualification in a before and after school setting in Great Barr.
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in Great Barr for an apprenticeship position in Childcare.
The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
This vacancy is a breakfast and after school club. The successful candidate will be required to do split shifts of 7:15am – 9am and then 3pm – 6pm
- GCSE Maths and English (A-C grades) or equivalent
- Outgoing personality
- Great if able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team