Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship VAC-42510
To demonstrate good practice in all aspects of the nursery. To assist in the provision of a department of children with differing individual needs. To provide a safe, clean, welcoming and stimulating environment for staff, children, parents and visitors to the nursery and to work in partnership with parents to ensure that individual children’s needs are met and they are encouraged to meet their full potential. To promote Little Angels and interact with management, parents, co-workers and external agencies in a positive, supportive and cooperative way.
The Nursery Assistant will be expected to:
1) Have an in depth working knowledge, or to gain, of child development, recent research, willingness to update this knowledge and understanding regularly. Have a sound knowledge of child protection procedures and safe guarding children.
2) Have the ability to implement Little Angels philosophy, policies and procedures.
3) Act as a role model, demonstrating good practice in the delivery of care, education and customer service.
4) Ensure that relationships with children, parents and staff are conducted with respect to people’s abilities, gender, linguistic, cultural and religious persuasions.
5) Have responsibility for maintaining appropriate records and supplying accurate information to the Deputy & Manager.
6) Present a positive and professional attitude and maintain a happy team spirit promoting Little Angels at all times.
7) Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
8) To build a relationship with each child, to reassure them and encourage their confidence and provide stage related play opportunities.
9) To observe individual children and relay appropriate information to your immediate supervisor. To carry out appropriate activities in consultation with the SEN CO according to each child’s individual needs.
10) To supervise and stimulate the children ensuring that they have time to rest, relax and make their own independent choices.
11) To ensure that the children are presented with a safe and attractive environment.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 40 hours a week – Monday – Friday
Weekly Wage : £170.00
Application Deadline: 23-04-2019
Possible Start Date : 30-04-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV