Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship – Level 3
Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship – Level 3
Sadwica is a well established, independently run day nursery in West Bromwich.
We acknowledge that choosing the right childcare is one of the most important decisions you will have to make and as parents you will be looking for the very best facility available. With this is in mind we strive to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for your child.
We care for children from birth to five years old in the nursery with both full time and part time spaces available.
We are committed to ensuring that all children enjoy and benefit from attending nursery. The nursery day is structured to provide specific relaxation, play and teaching times. By providing a warm, comfortable and stimulating environment we hope to develop individuals with a positive self-image of themselves and others.
An excellent opportunity has become available for an apprentice Nursery Assistant Apprentice at Sadwica Nursery.
1. Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in both a permanent and flexible childcare setting.
2. Support and promote play and learning opportunities within the nursery.
1. To deliver a range of high quality childcare and play care including individual and group activities for children, which support and promote good childcare practice and meets a diversity of need.
2. To implement Sadwica’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of practice.
3. To work with Sadwica and Ofsted child protection procedures.
4. Formulate and operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children attending the childcare sessions in conjunction with the Nursery Manager.
5. Ensure the childcare/play care session comply with health & safety.
6. Undertake the setting up and clearing away of at the end of the day/session.
7. Work in partnership with parents/carers to provide a positive experience for their children.
8. Work alongside parents/carers of children with special needs to achieve full integration within the childcare setting.
9. Establish and maintain a professional and positive relationship with parents/carers to ensure that they and their children feel secure, valued and respected.
10. Attend and participate in meetings and reviews and appraisals.
11. Participate in regular supervision sessions, staff appraisal, team meetings and training courses as required by the line manager.
12. Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the nursery
All employees are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises so that the tasks, which are not specifically covered in their Job Descriptions, are undertaken. These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work and will normally be compatible with the regular type of work.
If the additional responsibilities or tasks become a regular or frequent part of the employee’s job, it will be included in the job description in consultation with the employee.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To be familiar with and comply with Sadwica’s Policy on Health, Safety and Welfare. To bring to the attention of senior staff any Health and Safety requirements, which become obvious. In the event of any immediate danger, to take the appropriate action to reduce the risk of any physical danger to children, young people, parents, visitors or staff.
- GCSE A-C in Maths or Functional Skills equivalent
- NVQ 2 Early Years Education and Childcare or Playwork Qualification (or equivalent)
- Childcare and parenting practice.
- Child development and the needs of children (including knowledge of children with special needs) and family relationships.
- Knowledge of child protection issues and how they affect families.
- Knowledge of confidentiality and issues that may arise.
- Ability to work effectively with families, staff team and colleagues from other agencies.
- Ability to relate to children, parents and carers who have varying needs and life experiences.
- Be competent in providing for the physical and emotional needs of children.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Outgoing personality
- Commitment to working with children
- Great if able to work using own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting
- Passion for working with and developing own skills in employment
REGISTER YOUR CV