Nursery Nurse Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice nursery assistant to work in this small and friendly nursery in Newport.
The role will involve working in preschool setting with 3- 5 year old children.
Some of your duties will include:
- Interact with the children on a daily basis using good quality language and communication skills. Be a key worker for a small group of children.
- Develop and deliver a range of activities to meet the different needs of the Children
- Participate in daily reports, monthly reports and profile books.
- Observe children participating in daily activities and record in the observation book.
- Contribute ideas to curriculum planning and creative boards and displays
- Carry out general nursery duties such as nappy changing, bottle-feeding and general cleaning duties of toys and rooms supervised in these areas until competent.
- Ensure NVQ work is up-to-date working towards a timescale.
- Undertake assessments organised between assessor and candidate at appropriate times.
Must be 18 years of age or over.
Experience of working with children in any capacity
Have experience of working in an early years setting.
The suitable candidate will be/have:
An understanding of the needs and expectations of parents/guardians.
An enjoyment in working with children
Willingness to learn new skills and training.
Honesty with self and others
An ability to form warm relationships
Clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality
REGISTER YOUR CV